Shocked and amazed...

The new Xbox's launched today. My son got to a Walmart at 6:45am and got one and left. No huge lines. No false scarcity.. amazing I tell you.
Would like to know how. I went to Walmart for a PS5 and was told they were for Black Friday. Was turned away at Target because they said you have to order them online for in-store pickup, even though I was staring right at them on the shelf...

Would like to know how. I went to Walmart for a PS5 and was told they were for Black Friday. Was turned away at Target because they said you have to order them online for in-store pickup, even though I was staring right at them on the shelf...

Don't know what to tell you. He got there early? the sales rep made a mistake? Either way it was a non issue.

I think your son got lucky, not that it's a non-issue for anyone else.

You have to remember Walmart is a company that remembers and caters to people that don't have checking accounts or credit cards so they have product availability in stores... and they generally have such a well organized Inventory system that they know where product is needed and can make predictive allocations of their global/national/state/regional inventories in near to real time.

Walmart is a world leader in supply chain management. It's part of how they have such amazing margins.

Become a Patron!
Back