SilverStone NJ600 600W Fanless Power Supply Review

Excellent review! I love the format, as I used to love when these were done for [H]. If this is the quality of reviews we're going to be seeing I like where the train is going!

Well done on your reviews. "With one fan tied behind its back" made me laugh.

I love that you put the 120 V and 100 V side by side, makes for an easy comparison.
And as always thanks for the great review. I have always loved this psu review style.

FYI for @Paul_Johnson or @David_Schroth on page 4 in the 80 plus test #4, 100% load, you have .99 listed for efficiency. *edit* And I just noticed efficiency is spelled wrong too in the graphs.

So glad Kyle let you use this. That's awesome. Interestingly enough there was someone in the forums over there a couple of days ago looking for recommendations for a PSU in this range. I was in a rush and unable to find this review quickly so I didn't mention it. I'll go back later and link it for them.

I love that you put the 120 V and 100 V side by side, makes for an easy comparison.
And as always thanks for the great review. I have always loved this psu review style.

FYI for @Paul_Johnson or @David_Schroth on page 4 in the 80 plus test #4, 100% load, you have .99 listed for efficiency. *edit* And I just noticed efficiency is spelled wrong too in the graphs.

Thanks. Will get that cleaned up on the figures.

Very good review!

Now for a quiet system component this looks like a wise choice to start with. I have a Corsair 600w power supply and the fan does spin up pretty fast when being pushed at 500w and above - so for this power supply being able not to over heat is actually kinda amazing.

Trying to think of a computer configuration needing a 600w power supply and yet having zero fans overall, that looks to be an extremely hard build to do. Silverstone makes a 95w CPU cooler that is fanless, a passive GPU becomes problematic in anything over 100w. Case would have to be either open or very perforated to be fanless. Anyways that would be a interesting 600w build and having zero fans.

Is seasonic still sending you retail samples?

I have not gotten anything new from Seasonic yet. I tried inquiring once, I'll have to try again. However, their policy is to have a retailer ship units for review then they pay the retailer.

Become a Patron!
Back