SilverStone PF360-ARGB AIO Cooler Review

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

Today marks the second review that we will be using our new AIO test platform that is capable of putting out enough heat to make even the devil sweat. We do this to test AIO liquid cooling solutions that we are likely to use with some of today’s most demanding CPUs. So, on the bench today is the SilverStone PF360-ARGB (SST-PF360-ARGB) liquid cooler which is currently the most capable cooler in SilverStone’s Permafrost line.

SilverStone PF360-ARGB Overview...

Continue reading...

I might be the only person on earth interested, but I wonder how it would perform with one of those 5000 rpm 120x38mm deltas. Said another way, how much RPM / airflow would it take to prevent throttling? If you absolutely don’t care about volume, what temps could you achieve?

I might be the only person on earth interested, but I wonder how it would perform with one of those 5000 rpm 120x38mm deltas. Said another way, how much RPM / airflow would it take to prevent throttling? If you absolutely don’t care about volume, what temps could you achieve?

Or perhaps 3 of them? :-D

also of interest would be the improvement seen going push / pull with a set of reasonable fans to supplement the fans that come with the cooler.

Of course, adding a test with push / pull fans, and adding a high cfm test would add a bunch of extra work to each review. That said, it would also add some dimensions to reviews not seen on other sites as well.

also of interest would be the improvement seen going push / pull with a set of reasonable fans to supplement the fans that come with the cooler.

Of course, adding a test with push / pull fans, and adding a high cfm test would add a bunch of extra work to each review. That said, it would also add some dimensions to reviews not seen on other sites as well.

The overall work level wouldn't be too bad on it as long as I've got the right mounting hardware handy, but it seems like it'd be a completely separate "topic" if that makes sense. The goal of the review in my mind is to review the hardware that you'd get if you went out and bought this exact item.

If the radiator is the common limiting factor, then, in theory, testing this theory one time (say, with different size radiators/aios) would be a good article to reference when talking about boosting performance of a particular unit being reviewed without having to redo it each time. I can add this study to the backlog of things on my list to see if I can do it correctly, but it's also getting close to the world of custom loops (which we're also starting to explore from a review/testing perspective - though, I suppose it's good "baseline" information that can apply to both).

I would say it’s a different category than custom loops - actually building your own loop is a different ball game of complexity, and there is no safety of a warranty.

slapping on extra fans or different fans is a simple change that (hopefully) improves performance for a couple extra minutes of work during AIO install for the end user.

For example, while I generally go custom loop for my main rig, I picked up a Corsair H150i substantially on sale at microCenter when I bought my 2700X. Since I wasn’t intending on building a full custom loop for that rig right that second, I installed the H150i and tossed on 3 gentle typhoon AP 15s that i had laying around in addition to the stock out of the box fans. Total additional work was a couple minutes and additional cost was 0. I assume I got a performance benefit from the extra fans, but I didn’t test without them so I can’t say for certain.

Become a Patron!
Back