SNK Teases “Next-Gen” Neo Geo Hardware

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
SNK hasn't released a genuine console since 1997's Hyper Neo Geo 64, but the legendary company may be getting back in the hardware game. According to a tweet on its official Twitter account, a "next-gen" Neo Geo console that complements the Neo Geo Mini is in development.

SNK released the Mini just last month, a hand-sized Neo Geo modeled after an arcade unit, but fans have complained about its crappy controls and poor video output. The company could be addressing these complaints with a more authentic, full-sized Neo Geo unit.

I recently took a look at the Samurai Shodown model and was a little indifferent. It's built well and has a great collection of games, but the controllers stink and the TV output is bad. If we can keep that device and somehow improve it, then this new Neo Geo might be an interesting prospect. I'm not expecting much, though.

SNK released the mini Juli 2018. I quite like mine with the optional game pad, which while not the best is decent enough. A lot of the complains were how about it was not as clicky as the Original game pads, but imo that would be a plus.

I'm interested to see what this new machine might be.

Become a Patron!
Back