Sony and Honda Plan Electric Cars with PlayStation 5 to Tackle Tesla

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sony and Honda announced that they had signed an agreement to establish a new company for developing electrical vehicles earlier this year, and some of these EVs could include a PlayStation 5, according to a new report from the Financial Times (alternate link) that discusses how the companies are planning to use music, movies, game consoles, and other premium forms of entertainment to tackle competitors that include Tesla.

See full article...

Hmm.. I could see that being a hit in the Odyessy, where you are packing in 3-5 rug rats, and they already have junk like multi-zone audio, WiFi hotspots, and TV screens in the back.

Apart from that, though... I always thought it was dumb of Tesla to do that - they aren't selling any big family wagons, and it was just a publicity stunt on the part of Tesla ("Oh, what? No, no, no one would ever, EVER, think of turning on Autopilot so they could play video games while driving down the freeway -- that certainly isn't what we are saying at all. Nope.")

Things I can't do in a moving vehicle without barfing:
- Reading a book/magazine
- Playing a handheld video game console
- Playing a home console on an external display
- Use a laptop
- Look at my phone for more than a few minutes

Things I can't do in a moving vehicle without barfing:
- Reading a book/magazine
- Playing a handheld video game console
- Playing a home console on an external display
- Use a laptop
- Look at my phone for more than a few minutes

Same. Reading anything or staring at my phone too much in a vehicle goes south real quick. I am a lousy passenger in anything bouncy unless I am driving.

Well, if trends continue, bathroom facilities might be more valuable than a stupid ps5, while waiting in line for a charge.
I keep waiting for the seats that flip up to reveal a porta-toilet

Become a Patron!
Back