Sony Announces World’s First 8K LED, 4K OLED, and 4K LED “Cognitive Intelligence” TVs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
sony-cognitive-processor-xr-hero-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

Sony has announced its BRAVIA XR TV lineup for 2021, which comprises what its marketing department has dubbed the world’s first cognitive intelligence televisions: the MASTER Series Z9J 8K LED, MASTER Series A90J and...

Continue reading...

Ok... maybe I'm dense but without understanding what 80% of those features are I'm fine with my 13 year old 1080p visio TV that I barely watch.. thanks.

Ok... maybe I'm dense but without understanding what 80% of those features are I'm fine with my 13 year old 1080p visio TV that I barely watch.. thanks.
Those old 1080P TVs are great for cable type content to be honest. Up scaling from 720P to 1080P or 1080i to 1080P is a lot easier than going to 4K. The only thing you are really missing out on is HDR, but then again only a couple of TVs actually have usable HDR.
I’m not sure about Sony this year, they skipped MicroLED which could hurt them compared to Samsung and the others. Hopefully their improvements (proper HDMI 2.1, new chips) are enough.

Just fancy terminology for what LG have already been doing on their own OLED for at least a couple years. We'll see how it works, but Sony's OLED has been lagging behind LG on the processing side despite using the same panels.

Become a Patron!
Back