Sony Says It’s Bringing More First-Party PlayStation Titles to PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-studios-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

God of War, The Last of Us, and Uncharted on Steam? That could definitely be happening. In its latest corporate report, Sony confirmed a plan to bring more first-party titles to the PC platform, where they can be enjoyed in their highest fidelity.

The announcement follows the release of the PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, which has unfortunately suffered from various technical issues. Let’s hope that future ports launch in a better state.

“SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle...

Continue reading...

This is really really good news. It is also a piece of news that would have never been a guess of my own.

That is surprising. Now we wait for Microsoft to push an update that makes games that work on windows ten, work on the new xbox.

I'm glad to hear this as I've always hated exclusives. There are many games I might have tried were they available for PC. I rarely buy consoles as I almost never play them. I've got very little gaming time on my XBOX One. Each generation, I use the consoles less and less.

I called it when HZD was announced for PC. Of course I was chastised for it "This is a one off thing, they are not going to do this regularly" etc.
It turns out making more money on a game is more important than maintaining the exclusivity of the club. After all HZD was instantly the top seller on steam. I'd love to see how many copies they shifted of a 3 year old game.

“SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle
I keep reading vicious cycle. It is, isn't it?

Good news, for sure. I imagine Playstation will still be the 'premiere' location for the software releases, but hopefully we'll start seeing that PC port within a year after its launch.

I've currently got a PS4 sitting dusty on my shelf, it only comes out to play the console exclusives. So, if I can avoid buying new console hardware (except maybe a PS5 controller) but still purchase their software, better believe I'll be throwing money Sony's way.

I'm glad to hear this as I've always hated exclusives. There are many games I might have tried were they available for PC. I rarely buy consoles as I almost never play them. I've got very little gaming time on my XBOX One. Each generation, I use the consoles less and less.

Got a PS4 for Christmas and maybe used it like 4 times since then.

Got a PS4 for Christmas and maybe used it like 4 times since then.
I got a PS4 Pro during the holidays in 2017 and used it 4 times since.
  1. Horizon Zero Dawn
  2. Uncharted Lost Legacy
  3. Detroit: Become Human
  4. The Last of Us II

Become a Patron!
Back