Sony Unveils the DualSense: PlayStation 5’s Wireless, Two-Toned Controller with Haptic Feedback

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
sony-playstation-5-dualsense-controller-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

While the console’s design is still a closely guarded secret, Sony has finally had the guts to show off some of its next-generation hardware. The first component out of the gate is the DualSense – the official controller of the PlayStation 5.

The first thing you’ll probably notice is the two-toned design – apparently, Sony’s designers have been playing a lot of Portal and/or looking at Microsoft’s Xbox One S for inspiration, as it features a white and grayish color combination with blue highlighting. Some gamers have already begun commenting on how ugly it is, which doesn’t bode well for the PlayStation 5’s design (is the console going to be two-toned, too?).

Going beyond aesthetics, Sony noted that one of the...

Continue reading...

Makes me think of a love child between Wall-E + Eva

1586300661734.jpeg

Reactions: _k_
I like it, the new colour scheme looks like a decent refresh but functionality looks very similar to a standard DualShock (which is a good thing).

I'd say this is probably a decent hint at what the design of the console itself will resemble.

Looks like an Xbox one controller in shape and angles. I'm glad they added a mic. I hope the next Xbox adds a mic to the controller as well. For Netflix and passwords and stuff. I know they had Kinect but once it was unbundled you lost that.

Become a Patron!
Back