Star Citizen Boss: “It’ll Be Done When It’s Done”

I get the email newsletters about it. Just seems like slowly incrementing alpha builds. Apparently the flight engine / model part has been done for a long, long time... now they just need to put it in a game?
They are not even alpha builds, they are feature test demos. Alpha stage is when the main features are complete. They are just stiching together random tech demos. I don't know if it's still the case, but originally the flying part and the walking around part, and the fps part well all separate exe files.

They are not even alpha builds, they are feature test demos. Alpha stage is when the main features are complete. They are just stiching together random tech demos. I don't know if it's still the case, but originally the flying part and the walking around part, and the fps part well all separate exe files.
That's what kills me about the SC cult. Star Citizen is nowhere near the alpha stage after 8 years, yet these dopes continue dropping money on jpegs.

I bought into it back in what... 2013. I still get on their forums to ask stupid questions that I know there are no answers to.

1. Where is the stand alone hostable PU we were promised?
2. What about the HOTAS set?

And then sit back and watch people go... "Wait there was supposed to be a stand alone hostable PU?" And you point them to the goals where it is a promised item. "Oh I hadn't heard about that I guess they are working on it." And all the while CIG rep's never respond, it's just crickets.

This game is not coming out. I'm convinced of it at this point.

The only thing smart that Chris Roberts has done is protect himsel financially from the fallout. That's it.

They even had some private investors come on a couple years ago bumping in another 14 or was it 40 million or so for 10% to help them finish the final push. LOL...

Here is the link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...d-crowdfunded-game-star-citizen/#5aea71fe1aad

They also have another round at 17 million of further investment.

I'm pretty sure that he will end up selling CIG and the property Star Citizen to this investment group and we will see a trash release.

Last edited:
Hehe, the good old John Carmack timeline.

I generally support this approach. I'd rather have a late title than a rushed and compromised one.

That said, in order for this to work, you have to have some level of confidence that it will EVER be released, and mine isn't the highest for this game.

Either way, I won't be buying this game, but not for the same reason I usually say I won't buy a game.

Ever since I absolutely loved Wing Commander Privateer back in the day, I've wondered what it would be like if it were bigger, with more ship options, and upgrade options and trade missions.

Then EVE Online came out and I was afraid to get into it. I could easily become addicted, and I can't afford to be a professional space pilot.

So the same thing applies to Star Citizen. If it ever launches, I just don't think I can afford to get into it.

If there was ever any doubt from rational gamers following the SC story (read: fiasco), you have to have your head deep in the sand to NOT think Star Citizen is a scam in 2020.

After reading the Forbes article, it's painfully obvious (https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2019/05/01/exclusive-the-saga-of-star-citizen-a-video-game-that-raised-300-millionbut-may-never-be-ready-to-play/amp/). Roberts has a history of failed projects based on crowdfunding that, if they didn't start out as scams, became them.

But perhaps the worst part of any SC discussion is the fan base. They *immediately* jump on and attempt to shut down any critical discussion whatsoever. The SC Reddit community is a downright cult, brigading and downvoting anything critical to SC en masse, so that it *looks* like the popular opinion, but it's not. They have even leveled death threats against the piece in Forbes mentioned above against one of the co-authors.

If you want to let your scammer of a cult leader take $300 million of your community's money on a dream that will never come to fruition, fine. It's your money. But any post in the SC community reads just like Scientologist logic. Anything critical is immediately jumped on, ridiculed, and gaslighted. The SC fanbase is the worst of the worst.

If there was ever any doubt from rational gamers following the SC story (read: fiasco), you have to have your head deep in the sand to NOT think Star Citizen is a scam in 2020.

After reading the Forbes article, it's painfully obvious (https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...00-millionbut-may-never-be-ready-to-play/amp/). Roberts has a history of failed projects based on crowdfunding that, if they didn't start out as scams, became them.

But perhaps the worst part of any SC discussion is the fan base. They *immediately* jump on and attempt to shut down any critical discussion whatsoever. The SC Reddit community is a downright cult, brigading and downvoting anything critical to SC en masse, so that it *looks* like the popular opinion, but it's not. They have even leveled death threats against the piece in Forbes mentioned above against one of the co-authors.

If you want to let your scammer of a cult leader take $300 million of your community's money on a dream that will never come to fruition, fine. It's your money. But any post in the SC community reads just like Scientologist logic. Anything critical is immediately jumped on, ridiculed, and gaslighted. The SC fanbase is the worst of the worst.

Sadly that's human nature.

People are inclined to have positive bias towards things they ahve invested in, because no one wants to admit that they have made a poor choice. Goes for just about everything in life, sadly.

Get enough of them in an echo chamber and you get the SC community.

I'm around 275 in to Star Citizen and I consider it a moderately expensive mistake to learn from. Sadly it colors my willingness to back anything crowd funded now... So by the time I go... "You know what I do want to back that new pathfinder game, or that new book for an Pen and paper RPG I like" the window is already closed and I'm *** out.

Ah well at least I'm not risking my future satisfaction other than paying more for the full release.

Become a Patron!
Back