Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake Announced, Launching Exclusively for PlayStation 5 and PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remastered-darth-revan-teaser-1024x576.jpg
Image: Aspyr Media

Aspyr Media, Lucasfilm Games, and Sony Interactive Entertainment confirmed today that a remake of BioWare’s legendary Star Wars RPG, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, is officially in development. The game will be available to play exclusively on PlayStation 5 consoles and PC when it launches.

While the teaser trailer for the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake is severely lacking in gameplay footage, it does offer a cool look at Darth Revan, one of the franchise’s most notable Sith Lords. The trailer also includes a voiceover by Jennifer Hale, who provided the voice for Bastila in the original game.

Aspyr Media has stressed that its Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic project shouldn’t be compared to the average remake, as the entire RPG is being built from the ground up. The remake...

Continue reading...

I really don't know about this. Absolutely loved the original. Really hope they don't f*ck this one up. Did we really need a remake?

I really don't know about this. Absolutely loved the original. Really hope they don't f*ck this one up. Did we really need a remake?
Getting the cut content properly restored would probably be worth it. I'm kind of dreading thinking about what they'll do to the combat since it's a remake.

KOTOR-R?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

I never liked KOTOR, I'm sure I won't like the remake.

Just give me Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy and be done with it.

Getting the cut content properly restored would probably be worth it. I'm kind of dreading thinking about what they'll do to the combat since it's a remake.

Given how dated the combat system is, probably quite a bit. I recall reading that the combat system was going to be the biggest change in the remake. What that means is anyone's guess.

And they said the magic words "for modern audiences"

My excitement suddenly fell bellow the floor. Why do they have to ruin everything?

And they said the magic words "for modern audiences"

My excitement suddenly fell bellow the floor. Why do they have to ruin everything?

You aren't wrong. Apparently the person in charge of rewriting the game is a rabid SJW.

Now, I won't even try the game based on my own policy of letting companies know I won't buy anything with infected with identity politics. I also predict the game will be an absolute dumpster fire. Get ready for female/trans only Revan. Ugly characters not allowed to be attractive in the name of realism and half the characters making references to their sexuality, which will probably be all over the map. Out of all the people in the galaxy and the odds against it happening in reality, everyone on the Ebon Hawk will now be Gay, transsexual, or non-binary.

I'm somewhat being sarcastic, but none of the above would surprise me when you read the tweets from the intolerant jackass who is re-writing the game for "modern audiences."

Last edited:
It's being rewritten for "modern audiences."

I bet this new 'modern audiences' version of KOTOR will be made into canon. Maybe they'll put in some references to the High Republic stories that are being released.

I bet this new 'modern audiences' version of KOTOR will be made into canon. Maybe they'll put in some references to the High Republic stories that are being released.
Hopefully not. The High Republic is trash.

If there is one thing we can be sure about SJW writers is that they are extremely lazy. They can't be bothered to do any research, in fact they outright refuse because they want to tell "their version" of the story, canon be damned. So you can be sure that they have no regard for cross media consistency either.

Become a Patron!
Back