Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake in Development at Aspyr Media

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
darth-malak-and-darth-revan-1024x576.jpg
Image: BioWare

A remake of BioWare’s classic Star Wars RPG, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, is definitely in the works. This is according to Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier, who recently took part in an interview with former Game Informer video producer Ben Hanson and confirmed that those earlier rumors about Aspyr Media remastering the iconic RPG were true. Aspyr Media is the developer responsible for the mobile and iOS ports of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and its sequel, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords.

When talking about the nature of breaking news and revealing games in development, @jasonschreier sheds more light on a remake of Knights of the Old Republic currently in development…https://t.co/8ufeAWH3RB...

Continue reading...

Is it a remake, or an updated re-release in the vein of the KOTOR II version that they recently made for digital platforms? I'd be happy either way. The first game doesn't have nearly as many bugs or missing content as the second one, but it would still be nice for it to get the same kind of love. It is a little bit of a pain to get the game to run in the proper resolution, among other things.

Speaking of, Aspyr just released a port of Republic Commando for the Switch and PS4. Limited Run is taking preorders on a physical edition.

These are considered about the best SW games ever made, but still not my cup of tea. I recall playing the 1st one when it came out and got bored in a matter of minutes.

Bring back the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

The cinematics were top notch though.

The original was one of the most immersive games I ever played.

I'm not much of a repeat player tho, didnt have that much interest in tweaking builds etc.

The original was one of the most immersive games I ever played.

I'm not much of a repeat player tho, didnt have that much interest in tweaking builds etc.
Not the same appeal that other games have had, but these are very dated; still, loved them to death on the OG Xbox, first uh... RPGs? I got into, and really got me hooked on Bioware's formula.

Now, I'm more or less ready to play them again as it's been nearly two decades, but man are those graphics dated.

I can't deny that I'd be up for a remaster!

I don't think I ever finished Kotor 1.... got bored with it. I know there is a ton of nostalgia for it but it wasn't my fav SW game. I'd take one or all of the Jedi Knight games remastered over this.

I don't think I ever finished Kotor 1.... got bored with it. I know there is a ton of nostalgia for it but it wasn't my fav SW game. I'd take one or all of the Jedi Knight games remastered over this.
Oh absolutely. Dark forces, outcast, Jedi academy. Wouldn’t mind replaying a today version of those

Played SW KotOR on PC back not too long after it came out (if I recall correctly). Absolutely loved the game (although about halfway through I took a break for about a year and a half). I don't usually play RPGs again though. Remaster or remake, either way I doubt I'll go through the game again.

Become a Patron!
Back