Star Wars: Squadrons Gets B-wing, TIE Defender, Custom Games, and Server Browser In Big Update

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-squadrons-b-wing-tie-defender-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: EA Motive

EA Motive had suggested that Star Wars: Squadrons wouldn’t be getting any new content beyond the base game, but luckily for would-be starfighter pilots, the flight sim has been receiving a steady string of updates that go beyond mere tweaks and bug fixes. The latest patch that debuted today (4.0) is particularly noteworthy, as it adds two new starfighters—the B-wing and TIE Defender—for the New Republic fleet and Imperial Navy, as well as the ability to play custom games. Additionally, a server browser has been added.

The full release notes may be found in the link above, but here is what EA Motive had to say about the new starfighters in particular. While both are equipped with heavy...

Continue reading...

I seem to remember these being on lists players were requesting in a story a while back. Seems EA listened to their fans.

Stuff that all should have been there on day 1. They fixed the barn door after all the horses escaped. I'm sure this will please the few still remaining players.

I think this game was confused on its identity. Seemed it tried to be a multiplayer game, but instead has half-assed efforts in both the campaign and multiplayer modes. Seems most are treating it primarily as a multiplayer game, and in that arena you typically only have one chance at a first impression with an unproven series. Maybe at the $40 price point they should have focused completely on one mode over the other and maybe add the other in a post-launch update.

Become a Patron!
Back