Star Wars: Squadrons Isn’t Getting Any More Content

Why would EA pass up a chance to nickle and dime us to death for paid DLC add on ships, etc

They probably don't believe enough in the game to do that. Either that, or they are afraid of attaching microtransactions to anything Star Wars after the Battlefront 2 fiasco.

Isn't too bad is just not enough for me nowadays. Because it isn't too bad I managed to get to like mission 6 before saying enough to the idiotic squadmates and pointless missions. It might be OK as a multiplayer game, but you know me, I Don't do multiplayer.

I made it all the way through, but I did it casually. I never felt all that excited to play it. I only got through it due to lack of drive to play anything else. It also helped that I hurt my back pretty badly and couldn't sit in my office chair for more than 20 minutes at a time. So I laid almost flat in a recliner with a pillow to support my spine and played with a controller. Had it not been for the perfect storm of circumstances, I might not have made it through.

The story wasn't long enough to do anything with the characters and the lack of any player interaction just isn't acceptable in 2020. They should have done it all with cutscenes rather than making me click on everyone Wing Commander style. They could have at least delivered some type of cinematic experience that way. Instead, what we got was bland and ultimately forgettable. It was too derivative without any of the spectacle or set pieces that made the source material so great.

The story wasn't long enough to become interesting. But, given what was done you end up grateful that the game wasn't longer than it was.

The story wasn't long enough to become interesting. But, given what was done you end up grateful that the game wasn't longer than it was.
Nah, it's just bad writing. It is possible to make a character likeable in less than a minute if done right. These were just flat out token diversity characters spouting nonsensical lines.

Who knows, Why did they only charge $40 for this game at launch?

Because it was just a spinoff of the BF2 mode? Maybe they were already developing it as a DLC for that and the winds shifted.

But really who knows, don't try to apply logic to anything EA does.

Become a Patron!
Back