Steam’s Winter Sale Is Live: Enjoy Great Deals Until January 5

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
steam-winter-sale-2020-1024x576.jpg
Image: Valve

Those of you who missed out on a great deal during Steam’s Autumn Sale will be happy to know that Valve has initiated another sale. From today until January 5, gamers can browse the Winter Sale and purchase many great games at a discount. (It looks like most of the deals are just repeats from the Autumn Sale, however.)

Be sure to check out IsThereAnyDeal before buying anything to ensure that you’re taking advantage of a historically low price. Steam is also encouraging users to take part in its annual awards event by voting for various categories, which include Game of the Year, Most Innovative Gameplay, Outstanding Visual Style, and Best Game You Suck At.

“You’ve chosen the nominees – now we...

Continue reading...

I picked up Death Stranding, 50% off.

Looking forward to play it on one of those "days to myself" that I no longer seem to have :p

I picked up Death Stranding, 50% off.

Looking forward to play it on one of those "days to myself" that I no longer seem to have :p
I cannot get my mind around that game, if you pick it up be sure to share your thoughts.
It looks like a walking simulator with a possibly great story.

Steam used to have some awesome winter sales, but the last 2 or 3 years have been kind of so-so.

Doom Eternal at $19.79 is a pretty good deal though.

And, there are a few others that are pretty decent.
All the games I've been wanting have only been 25-50% off in recent sales. Hardly worth it. The consoles have been having much better sales recently. I bought a bunch of stuff for my Xbox in the past month that was 70-90% off in addition to getting the equivalent of 15% back in Microsoft Points.

Picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider (think it was around $20 CAD). Will likely pick up the recent Desperados game and Far Cry New Dawn.

Maybe RDR2 - but still kinda pricey (at least compared to the console versions).

Picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider (think it was around $20 CAD). Will likely pick up the recent Desperados game and Far Cry New Dawn.

Maybe RDR2 - but still kinda pricey (at least compared to the console versions).
I really enjoyed SOTTR. Visually stunning too.

I got a deal alert for Tron 2.0 being on my Steam wishlist (since like 2005 and forgot all about it). $2.49.... hmmmm do I really need to play that one again....

aaannnnd I just bought it. Wonder what it will look like in 4k.... (probably like ***, ancient Lithtech engine)

I cannot get my mind around that game, if you pick it up be sure to share your thoughts.
It looks like a walking simulator with a possibly great story.
It's slow, on purpose; it becomes a somewhat frustrating driving simulator pretty quickly too.

The story, wild as it is, is worth it IMO.

Become a Patron!
Back