Steam Offers 95 Percent Discount for Alien Isolation in Honor of Alien Day for $2 for Two Days

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Alien-Isolation-1024x577.jpg
Image Credit: Sega

In honor of a planet few would want to take a trip to, Steam has briefly put Alien Isolation on sale. As of 4/26, or LV426, those interested can purchase it for the low price of $2.00. That is a whopping 95 percent off of the regular price. Alien Isolation helped revive an otherwise failing gaming franchise. After the much maligned, and disastrous, Colonial Marines, few believed another game would gain traction with fans and regain their support. Released in 2014, it went on to win many awards in the gaming community.

Alien-Isolation-Awards-1024x479.jpg
Image Credit: Sega

The accolades came from both design, visuals, and overall...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember this game. I think it's still in my Steam catalog.
It is/was really creepy and honestly scary.
Very well done.
It is like Deep Space in many ways, except you don't have any weapons to speak of.

Aww, I missed it.

It's back to $39.99 now.

Side note, how is a 2014 title still at near full launch price of $40?

Aww, I missed it.

It's back to $39.99 now.

Side note, how is a 2014 title still at near full launch price of $40?
Bummer you missed it. I'm not sure what time zone they're basing their two day sale on. I was wondering the same as far a full price goes too. My gut's telling me this one will probably be a part of a holiday sale this year. It ought be much cheaper at this point that's for sure. I think I remember some part of the rights changed hands recently(not Disney/Fox related) in the last six months and that could have something to do with it.

FWIW I paid the full 59 or 69 or whatever it was back in the day with DLC. Pretty happy with it even back then. My only complaint with the game is that about midway to end there's a lot of backtracking, like Dead Space. Other than that I thought it was awesome. Visually I really felt like I was back in the 1979 movie universe. I used to tell friends it was the best Alien movie they never saw. It was also one of the first games most of my rigs could do at 4K/60 fps, even 3-4 years ago.

Become a Patron!
Back