Steam's New Library Is Now Available for Testing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Those who have opted in to Steam's beta updates should notice that their library has received a major overhaul. Valve has extended the testing of its library redesign to public users, which means that anyone can update their clients now to get a first-hand glimpse at all of its new features.

The most immediate change is a nice, poster-based layout for all games, but there's a lot of interesting improvements underneath. One such addition is the ability to create "collections," or filtered, curated batches of titles. Gamers can turn those into "shelves," giving them a prominent position on the main library page.

Game pages have also gotten a visual boost, placing developer updates, achievements, community activity, and achievements in quick view. The community stuff seems awfully busy, however.

We've done our best to make improvements that we believe evolve the Steam Library experience to make it better and more relevant for everyone. Let us know what you think, we'll be making improvements throughout the Beta period.

Love to hear what some people think from here. If I remember I'll tinker with it tonight.

Reactions: _k_
I like the simple list style. I don't like HUGE icons for my games. I'm not illiterate.

I am going to check this out .. I like the initial appearance of it

I like the list view, too, not interested in this. I also don't really use curated lists, I'll do my own homework.

You can't resize the list on the left, which makes it pretty crappy. Also my Wolfenstein Youngblood demo wouldn't work, had to revert back to the non-beta version.

On my windows gamer, it has yet to rear its head. On my Linux box, it's violently staring me in the face and I see no way to revert..... Much anger and drinks ensue

I like it. It's much easier now to find games to not play from my list of 900+ games. I'll make a bunch of categories like "Won't play", "Play never", and "Play after the apocalypse." But seriously it is a nice redesign. And the list is still on the left.

Become a Patron!
Back