Street Fighter 6 Brings Back Classic Costumes at No Extra Cost

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Capcom has released a new trailer for Street Fighter 6 that can confirm classic costumes are in the game, and, better yet, don't require the purchase of DLC to unlock or use. "Unlock Outfit 2 for each character during your adventures in World Tour," Capcom explained, although players who don't want to spend their time in the new single-player mode, which includes customizable avatars and an explorable city, still have the option of purchasing them with real money. PlayStation.Blog has also posted a write-up about some of Street Fighter 6's new costumes, including Chun-Li's, which took years for Capcom to get right, according to game director Takayuki Nakayama, as well as design insight about Cammy's new look.

See full article...

I love how they advertise the editions of the game:

Capture.JPG

"Full game" if it is missing characters and outfits and other options then it is by definition not the full game is it?

"Full game" if it is missing characters and outfits and other options then it is by definition not the full game is it?

If the ones paying more get the extra char's on launch day then it's not the full game, if it's DLC to be launched later then it's the full game.

After the hot mess that was SFV I'm not realy interested in this one anytime soon, may get it eventually when a complete edition goes on sale in a couple years, I've mostly had it with these fighting games that add a dozen char's after launch and you end up paying for 3 games or more in the end.

If the ones paying more get the extra char's on launch day then it's not the full game, if it's DLC to be launched later then it's the full game.
That's the other thing, it is not even clear what is immediately available from this at launch and what is a later DLC. It's like choosing the edition to buy is a lootbox mechanic in of itself.

Because of the insaaaaaane DLC trains that racing games and fighting games have become in the modern era, I decided years ago that when it comes to games in those genres, the only way I'm gonna roll is "community demo". Remember when Capcom had locked DLC content that actually shipped on the discs of the base games? They were not the only ones who did that either. No one really does that anymore, but it doesn't matter, you already know that the launch day retail release is not gonna be the complete version of the game. For games like MK10 and MK11 I waited until they offered the games and everything that ever came out for those games all together for a cheap price. I think I paid like $5 for MK10 (the MK XL package) and $10 for MK11 + Aftermath expansion + all DLC.

I remember when one of the top dawgs on Tekken development said that no fighting game should ever come with characters locked away behind pay walls, because it makes the playing field among players too uneven, and it screws over customers who don't have access to the characters they actually want to use. He said any characters released in the future should be free. Haha, did you see what happened with Tekken 7? DLC out the wazoo. I expect the same with Tekken 8. Of course I'm not blaming the guy who said that stuff, the decision to have character DLC was likely outta his hands.

Anyways, I am absolutely astonished that Capcom is offering anything in the way of costumes for free.

Might do a post about it tomorrow but I saw that Capcom is doing another survey for which game they should work on next.

I will usually try to get the season pass for games from developers/publishers I trust but Capcom isn't on that list. SQ Montreal treated me well with the Tomb Raider Games and so as long as the next one doesn't smell like burning trash before release I'll probably do that for it. T2 has down alright with the Metro games but it would've been nice if there had been even more for Exodus.

Meanwhile, as @DrezKill has said, DLC is friggin' out of control for too many things. Games as a service basically, even when not playing online. I remember giving props for Kingdom Come's dev's stating early on that they wouldn't do that and about 1-2 years in released paid DLC for it. Totally pissed me off. These fighting games though, all too easy for companies to exploit. Good for Capcom in giving what they are but we'll see how it goes.

Yeah I agree with the DLC thing getting out of control. That and everything being online to play has started to really cause my excitement for PC gaming to diminish a little.

Become a Patron!
Back