Suggestions for a DAS box?

Dogsofjune

FPS Regular
Looks like Mediasonic is nowhere to be found right now, and I’m unfamiliar with some of the other brands. I have extra drives I could use. Four bay minimum at best is what I would like.

I thought about a NAS, but only a few drives match in size. I thought about making my own, but I’m doing away with the big cases I have in storage

Once you get past a few drives... it starts to make little sense to put them in anything other than a NAS.

I get the draw of DAS, but then if you want to make use of that storage, the system it's attached to needs to be on as well. And you can make a NAS with a Raspberry Pi if you want.

I only have two drives out of ten that match, plus they are all 3.5" drives. A Raspberry could only take on two drives which would also need power sources for the external HD enclosures.

I already have a box that is on 24/7, just not a case that has room for extra drives, and no room for a bigger case due to the location on a shelf away from kids.
A single box with room for four + drives, single outlet, and sit beside the home theater box is what I am thinking.

Become a Patron!
Back