Super NES Games Are Coming to Nintendo Switch Online Tomorrow

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Nintendo has announced that a variety of curated SNES titles are coming to Nintendo Switch Online tomorrow. These include classics such as Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Star Fox, F-ZERO, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

The company is also releasing a wireless version of the original, full-size SNES controller. It can be purchased only by Nintendo Switch Online members.

Nintendo Switch Online members can enjoy a curated library of more than 60 NES and Super NES classic games—including Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and more. Compete (or cooperate) online with friends, share your screen, or virtually pass the controller, depending on the game.

I grabbed a pack of the NES joy-cons and I will probably be buying these SNES Switch controllers as well. I wonder if they will work on PC with the Type-C cable, like the Switch Pro Controller does. I already have adapters to use original SNES controllers and SNES Classic controllers on PC though. Still, it can't hurt to have more options.

Pretty sweet, and good timing because I've been having a hankering for a Demon's Crest playthrough.

A friend of mine keeps trying to get me to get a Switch. I have been reluctant though. I skipped the SNES and was mostly a Sega guy after I had my NES. Maybe a Christmas I will consider one.

Perfect for that new Switch coming out later this year

Become a Patron!
Back