Talks Between Microsoft and Discord Have Reportedly Fallen Through

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
discord-logo-white-purple-background-1024x577.jpg
Image: Discord

It was reported last month that Microsoft was in talks to buy popular voice, video, and text chat app maker Discord for more than $10 billion. A report published by The Wall Street Journal today suggests that those discussions have fallen through, however—apparently, Discord has opted to distance itself from a potential acquisition and is leaning toward an initial public offering instead as an attempt to raise even more capital. Discord’s valuation is already estimated to be around $7 billion; the company managed to score an additional $100 million in funding last year.

Discord has walked away from sale talks with Microsoft and other suitors, people familiar with the matter say. The chat startup is now eyeing a potential IPO...

Continue reading...

Don't IPO... please? I don't want you publicly traded so every bit of metadata you can gleam from your users can be sold off to the highest bidder.

Yeah, this sounds like Discord jacked-uo the price tag and MS reminded Discord that it hasn't made a profit to warrabt such a higher price.

Unless, someone's else has offered Discord another attractive offer rather than MS.

I see this resurfacing back up soon.

Yeah, this sounds like Discord jacked-uo the price tag and MS reminded Discord that it hasn't made a profit to warrabt such a higher price.

Unless, someone's else has offered Discord another attractive offer rather than MS.

I see this resurfacing back up soon.
They reportedly got 3 other offers, but turned them all down.

Become a Patron!
Back