Ten Million Gather to Play The First Descendant during Its First Week of Release

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
NEXON is celebrating a milestone as ten million "Descendants" hopped on to play The First Descendant during its first week. The free-to-play co-op action RPG shooter launched on July 2 and while it wasn't the best of launches the game did attract ten million players which isn't the worst way to start. However, as GameRant points out the game does have a pay-to-win feel to it, similar to other looter shooters, but generally speaking most purchasable items are cosmetic or able to be found in the game.

See full article...

Now correct me if I am wrong, cuz this is not my kind of game and I barely looked into it, but is this game basically just Korean 3rd-person Destiny?

Now correct me if I am wrong, cuz this is not my kind of game and I barely looked into it, but is this game basically just Korean 3rd-person Destiny?
Yep, and concerning Korea, there's a link in the post that explains how NEXON got into trouble with the Korean government with one of their other games. I didn't quote this in the post but the link is there:

1720951895702.png

I will admit - I’ve had fun playing Nexon games before, and I have tried this game. It is fun, if you take it for what it is.

Yup - there are definite pushes to get you to spend money all over the place. And if you are playing the game just for the sake of getting further ahead on the treadmill, this game (as most Nexon titles) will frustrate the hell out of you. But if you are able to sit back and just play the game loop (again, as most Nexon titles), it’s fun for a while and it’s free. Once you’ve got to the point where it just turns into mindless grind to move ahead on that treadmill, I move on to some other game

Once you’ve got to the point where it just turns into mindless grind to move ahead on that treadmill, I move on to some other game
Sounds like you figured out the secret that so many devs of these types of games don't want folks to know. :)

I admit that in my younger days I could've had similar fun but these days my time is so limited that I don't even try. Sad, I know.

Become a Patron!
Back