Terminator: Dark Fate – Defiance Brings Gritty, Real-Time Strategy to Steam in Winter 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Slitherine Software has announced that Terminator: Dark Fate – Defiance will launch for PC via Steam in Q4 2023. This is a real-time strategy game that was inspired by the most recent Terminator film, Terminator: Dark Fate, which released in 2019 and saw an older T-800, once again played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, take on a new Terminator unit sent by an alternate version of Skynet dubbed Legion. Terminator: Dark Fate – Defiance. Terminator: Dark Fate – Defiance includes both single-player and multiplayer modes, and players will be able to take part as one of three factions (i.e., Founders, Legion, Resistance) at launch. Apply for the beta test here.

See full article...

I feel it is a bit ill advised to name a game after an almost universally hated movie. Especially when it is clearly not connected to it.

Seems not the worst thing around according to this https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_dark_fate
I no longer trust these sites to honestly represent the actual sentiment of the customer base. I mean imdb openly admits that they manipulate the score if they feel like there is "unusual activity" And by unusual activity they mean too many negative reviews. When in reality review bombing goes both ways a ton of people leave clearly fake 10/10 reviews too, so it would balance out with the negative review bombing. But if they remove or suppress the negative ones, we get a completely skewed picture.

There is no way in hell 84% liked Dark Fate. That is laughable. 60-70% I'd maybe believe. If they are going to lie they should at least lie believably.

I no longer trust these sites to honestly represent the actual sentiment of the customer base. I mean imdb openly admits that they manipulate the score if they feel like there is "unusual activity" And by unusual activity they mean too many negative reviews. When in reality review bombing goes both ways a ton of people leave clearly fake 10/10 reviews too, so it would balance out with the negative review bombing. But if they remove or suppress the negative ones, we get a completely skewed picture.

There is no way in hell 84% liked Dark Fate. That is laughable. 60-70% I'd maybe believe. If they are going to lie they should at least lie believably.
I get what you are saying. But it seems no source that does any sort of data correction would be acceptable to you. Is that correct?

I get what you are saying. But it seems no source that does any sort of data correction would be acceptable to you. Is that correct?
Data correction is that the politically correct term for falsification? :LOL: I don't know why would anyone accept sources that alters the data based on a whim?

When you apply weights or simply remove data points from the dataset until the end result fits what you want to see, then that is no longer representative of anything. If they applied the same standards to all movies then maybe, but clearly they only protect certain products this way.

Data correction is that the politically correct term for falsification? :LOL: I don't know why would anyone accept sources that alters the data based on a whim?

When you apply weights or simply remove data points from the dataset until the end result fits what you want to see, then that is no longer representative of anything. If they applied the same standards to all movies then maybe, but clearly they only protect certain products this way.
It's common practice to remove the major outliers in any sort of data collection to make the end data equal correct results. For instance lets say you had a survey, you had a rating... 1 - 10. With 10 being the best and 1 being the worst.

You would remove a % of 1's, and apply the same weight to remove a % of 10's. To better represent accurate averages. Yes it's kind of crap but you have to try and account for bias data. Removing an equal weight of highs and lows better distributes the data with thoughtful complete results.

Unless you allow commenting with the survey results then you need someone to go through and see if the response is emotional or factual.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the game was better than the movie?
That definitely happened with the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game in 2009. I never saw the movie, but every single person I know who saw it stressed to me how utterly horrible it was. Never heard anything good about it online either. I was surprised when some of my friends were playing the game though. Turns out that was a pretty fun and enjoyable game. Of course I played it for free, but still, would not have been a wasted purchase for a few bucks.

That definitely happened with the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game in 2009. I never saw the movie, but every single person I know who saw it stressed to me how utterly horrible it was. Never heard anything good about it online either. I was surprised when some of my friends were playing the game though. Turns out that was a pretty fun and enjoyable game. Of course I played it for free, but still, would not have been a wasted purchase for a few bucks.
Kind of happened with the Spider-Man 3 game back around the same time. Other than a boatload of QT events, which I totally loathe, the game had way more story than the movie.

Become a Patron!
Back