Tesla Slashes Model Y Pricing by $3,000

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
tesla-model-y-red-1024x576.jpg
Image: Tesla

Tesla’s Model Y has only been on the market since March, but it’s already receiving a generous price cut. As spotted by Electrek, the compact-luxury SUV – which boasts an impressive range of 316 miles – can now be had for $49,990. That’s a $3,000 savings from its original sticker price! It isn’t clear why Tesla is doing this (sales and delivery numbers have been glowing), but this is great news nonetheless for prospective electric-vehicle owners.

The Model Y’s more powerful and sporty-looking “Performance” variant has also been reduced to $59,990, while its optional enhancement package – which brings a higher top speed, bigger wheels, and other perks – now comes standard as well. Here’s what that package comprises:

Increased top speed from 145 mph to 155 mph21’’ Überturbine WheelsPerformance...

Continue reading...

It's funny. I used to be really into Tesla, but this is the first I'd heard of the "Model Y".

The only Tesla which ever appealed to me was the Model S. I've always disliked SUV's and crossovers, so neither the Model X nor Model Y really appeal to me, and the increased focus on Autopilot and minimalistic Apple-like controls and interiors really turned me off from the Model 3.

I've always been more of a "driver in control, cockpit-type experience with all details available to the driver, designed with ergonomics and human factors in mind".

Touch screens are a problem, due tot heir lack of tactile feedback meaning you have to take your eyes off the road. I don't want any voice commands or driving automation, because of that I guess I've just lost interest in and lost track of Tesla.

I just want a driver centered car which has an electric drivetrain instead of an internal combusion powered drive-train. I don't want any of this AI nonsense. Why do all of these automakers insist on tying these two things together?

I want one purely for the tech and the ability to charge while I am at a store or working out. If I could never hit up a Gas station again that would be great.

I want one purely for the tech and the ability to charge while I am at a store or working out. If I could never hit up a Gas station again that would be great.

Yeah, I'd take a Model S, and just ignore that it has autopilot, but they are just way too overpriced.

The max price - for me - would be if you finance it over 4 years, and subtract the expected gas savings from the monthly finance payment, what you have left should be the same as the payment on an equivalent gas model, but it never is, and thus I've never bought one.

I could afford one, but I'm not into feeling like I am being ripped off.

Nissan Ariya coming in 2021, $40k electric crossover SUV. Looks ok. I'd like the see the price down about 10k, but still cheaper than the Teslas.

I think this is way overdue for them.... the Leaf wasn't exactly turning heads based on it's looks or performance.

Become a Patron!
Back