The Elder Scrolls VI Is Still in a “Design Phase,” Says Bethesda’s Todd Howard

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-elder-scrolls-vi-teaser-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bethesda Games Studios

Despite being announced three years ago, Bethesda Games Studios’ highly anticipated sixth installment of its popular fantasy RPG series, The Elder Scrolls VI, is unlikely to be released any time soon. This is according to Bethesda Games Studios director Todd Howard, who was recently interviewed by The Telegraph and told the publication that The Elder Scrolls VI is actually still in a “design phase,” indicating that the game could still be in a very early stage of development. The Elder Scrolls VI was originally revealed all the way back at E3 2018 with a beautiful but vague teaser that provided little detail on where the game would take place in Tamriel and when it would be released. Three years later, the game remains as mysterious as ever.

“It’s good to think of The Elder Scrolls 6 as still being in a design [phase]… but we’re...

Continue reading...

So 15 years between V and VI?
At this point we are looking at the same for Fallut 4 and 5.

not surprised seeing they already stated years ago that it would come after starfield which was still in a design phase back then.

I can't blame them for wanting to do something else then keep churning out more Elder scrolls or fallouts.

not surprised seeing they already stated years ago that it would come after starfield which was still in a design phase back then.

I can't blame them for wanting to do something else then keep churning out more Elder scrolls or fallouts.
I wouldn't blame them either if that something hadn't been chasing trends with f76.

Elder scrolls has been an iterative title that has been around for a very very long time. A long development cycle for them is nothing new.

Elder scrolls 1. March 1994
2: 1996
3: 2002
4: 2006
5: 2011
6: 10 years and counting...

But they have had a lot of other releases in the interim including horse armor! ;)

Yeah, this is one of the kinder threads on the internet regarding people's reaction to this news. My only quip will be as to how many more gens of GPU releases will there be by time it comes out and how many APIs behind will that engine be by then as well. Granted, by then, people might actually be able to buy a card to go with it so that some good news.

Become a Patron!
Back