The Epic Games Store Is Coming to Google Play Next Year, as Google’s Android App Store Has Been Ruled an Illegal Monopoly

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Epic Games Store, the video game digital distribution service from Epic Games that is partially known for giving away free PC games practically every week, including, most recently, Bear and Breakfast, is expanding to the Google Play Store in 2025, Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney has announced.

See full article...

Ok. I totally don't get this.

A storefront on a storefront?

I guess it's been done before - EA/Origin is on every digital distribution method out there, and they still run their own storefront. Same with Ubisoft. And that doesn't make this any less retarded - just more retards jumping on a bad idea.

I had an epiphany here on the forums several weeks back about why Apple was able to beat Epic's similar lawsuit, but Google was not.

I wish I could remember what the reason was.
Ok. I totally don't get this.

A storefront on a storefront?

I guess it's been done before - EA/Origin is on every digital distribution method out there, and they still run their own storefront. Same with Ubisoft. And that doesn't make this any less retarded - just more retards jumping on a bad idea.

I pictured them side-loading the EPIC store, and having it be its own store app.

I imagine Android security is going to take a hit if they are going to be forced to easily open the phones up to side loading of apps that Google cannot control.

Become a Patron!
Back