The GIGABYTE AORUS Gen5 14000 SSD 2TB Features 232-Layer 3D TLC NAND Paired with a Phison PS5026-E26 Controller

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The AORUS Gen5 14000 SSD 2TB is capable of sequential speeds up to 14,500 MB/s (Read)/12,700 MB/s. It uses a Phison PS5026-E26 Controller built on a 12nm process featuring 8 NAND flash channels with 64 CEs and comes with a 5-year limited warranty.

See full article...

Uhhh... what?
Most motherboards come with at least one slot that has an M.2 slot cover that doubles as a heat sink. Even very budget tier motherboards have one of these. (With varying degrees of quality of course.)

Most motherboards come with at least one slot that has an M.2 slot cover that doubles as a heat sink. Even very budget tier motherboards have one of these. (With varying degrees of quality of course.)
Sorry Dan, that was all me. I had a "special" moment and accidentally duplicated a line of thought while being distracted by the new TV that got installed the day before. I actually went all out and had it mounted on the wall along with the cable concealer kit.

I'm noticing that the 4TB model has lower quoted specs than the 2TB model - not as low as the 1TB model, but still interesting as means that there are configuration quirks between the controller and the NAND flash.

Obviously interested in delivered speeds and endurance both short-term, i.e. significant continuous writes leading to slowdowns and heat generation, and long-term with respect to the flash life itself, i.e. are we going to see a decrease as speeds and capacities are pushed etc.

Also wondering what kind of cooling scheme the industry is going to settle on. We're still in the 'fast and furious' days of innovation and there are several more generations of PCIe already spec'd out. I do expect that the more or less 'end state' of NVMe will involve optical interconnects, and at least Intel has already proven these in mass production as single integrated circuits with controllers for their 400Gbps optical NICs.

Become a Patron!
Back