The Legend of Zelda Celebrates 35th Anniversary

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
the-legend-of-zelda-3ds-1024x576.jpg
Image: Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda was released 35 years ago today on February 21, 1986, making it one of the longest-lasting game franchises in history. Shmuplations (via VGC) has shared an interview from developer Shigeru Miyamoto that was originally published in the liner notes of the Legend of Zelda: Sound & Drama soundtrack (1994) that provides insight into how the game came into being.

Nintendo Famicom Disk System

Image: Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda’s anniversary is shared with the system it...

Continue reading...

Zelda 1 was the first game I played in the series. I actually own the Famicom Disk System version, along with the gold cartridge NES version, and I also have the Gamecube version (came on a disc with a bunch of other Zelda games). I've played and liked most main Zelda games in the series, but I never did finish the original. Zelda II I never finished cuz it was brutally difficult. Link to the Past on SNES is my favorite in the series. Also never got into Skyward Sword cuz I couldn't stand the motion controls (maybe the new Switch version will turn out better). Never finished Majora's Mask either, but not cuz I hated it (although I was not a fan of the 3-day cycle). I'd like to finish it using the remaster on 3DS one day. Anyways, Zelda on the whole is a good-@ss series, nice to see it hit 35 years.

Become a Patron!
Back