The Matrix Resurrections Gets a New Trailer

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-matrix-resurrections-poster-group-shot-neo-holding-hand-out-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. has shared a new trailer that includes new footage from one of its most highly anticipated films of the year, The Matrix Resurrections. Titled “Déjà Vu,” the clip comprises various shots that were clearly inspired by the original Matrix films, potentially offering a clue as to what the latest installment will center around (e.g., a reboot or recycling of the Matrix, something that was explored in the end of 2003’s The Matrix Revolutions).

One of Warner Bros.’ short but official synopses for the film, as published on the company’s awards site:

In two realities—everyday life and what lies behind it—Thomas (Keanu Reeves) will again have to choose to follow the white rabbit. Choice, while an illusion, is still the...

Continue reading...

Is he really going to sport that same look in everything he is in now?

"Why use old code to make something new?" -Neo reacting to Windows 11

They should have stopped after the first movie.

I don’t know - Ted “Theodore” Logan and Neo are pretty different.

No, if you look at the actual presentation of character it is the same thing.
In bill and ted’s excellent adventure, Keanu has a kind of bounce to his step and at times a kind of stiffer posture that he doesn’t have as Neo. Not sure if that is what you’re referring to as presentation of character, though.

Looks interesting. I wonder what streaming service it's going to launch with. This is a title that would make sense from a marketing segment to release on streaming with a few special features... that re online only as compared to in theater.

Maybe I'm too much of a matrix nerd but I probably saw that first movie 8 times in the theaters.

I have not watched a single Matrix movie. Always said I'd watch them, but never got around to it.

I have not watched a single Matrix movie. Always said I'd watch them, but never got around to it.
The first was groundbreaking at the time, and served as vindication for thousands of goth teenagers everywhere. It’s not quite as impressive today.

The first was groundbreaking at the time, and served as vindication for thousands of goth teenagers everywhere. It’s not quite as impressive today.

That's understating things.

The first matrix was groundbreaking in film and special effects. It told an interesting story and established the groundwork for a new theatrical world. It pioneered new ways of doing special effects. And it drew the imagination and fandom of MANY people. It truly was a movie for the decade to be honest.

I think saying it was for goth teenagers is underselling it by quite a bit. Heck I was neither a teenager nor a goth and I loved it.

"What is he doing?"

"He's starting to believe."

That's understating things.

The first matrix was groundbreaking in film and special effects. It told an interesting story and established the groundwork for a new theatrical world. It pioneered new ways of doing special effects. And it drew the imagination and fandom of MANY people. It truly was a movie for the decade to be honest.

I think saying it was for goth teenagers is underselling it by quite a bit. Heck I was neither a teenager nor a goth and I loved it.

"What is he doing?"

"He's starting to believe."

There is no spoon.

I'm torn on the film.

I think it was the right film at the right time to get an enormous amount of attention. The topic of reality not being real (spoiler alert :p ) may have seemed groundbreaking to some, but was kind of Philosophy 101 to others, but it may have felt profound to young people who didn't have much exposure to Greek philosophy.

Then there was the "Disney princess" aspect of it. You know, the one every kid dreams of. Of somehow being special or different. Finding out they are actually a princess or something like that. The out of nowhere becoming a badass martial arts expert kind of played into that.

It combined to make the film huge at the time, but if you go back and watch it for the first time today as a more jaded adult not living in the 90's I think the film will feel a bit silly and dull.

Still probably worth the two hours of your life if just for the cultural references. I wouldn't bother with any of the sequels though.

Yeah. I don't disagree. But how many more people did you see walking around in black trenchcoats and black fingernails after the movie came out?

Yeah. I don't disagree. But how many more people did you see walking around in black trenchcoats and black fingernails after the movie came out?
No lies. My workplace from 99-02 was like an extras casting call for The Matrix.... like on a daily basis. Nerd central. It's kind of hard to take someone seriously in a meeting when they are dressed like Morpheus or Neo.

Still probably worth the two hours of your life if just for the cultural references. I wouldn't bother with any of the sequels though.

I could sit and watch this first one in it's entirety in HD if I had nothing else to do. But I doubt I could convince my nephew to do it. That kid was born with a smartphone in his mouth.

I could sit and watch this first one in it's entirety in HD if I had nothing else to do. But I doubt I could convince my nephew to do it. That kid was born with a smartphone in his mouth.
Yeah, my kid doesn't watch movies. At all. If it isn't <10min and on Youtube or Tiktok he isn't interested.

Unless it's game streamer. I don't get that. At all.

Yeah, my kid doesn't watch movies. At all. If it isn't <10min and on Youtube or Tiktok he isn't interested.

Unless it's game streamer. I don't get that. At all.

Keep an eye on what they are watching. Technically speaking, Amouranth is a game streamer on Twitch. Or a cam whore? Who is to decide? And she's only one of many....

Become a Patron!
Back