The Next Fallout Game Should Take Place in China or Japan, Fans Say

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Fallout 5, a new mainline installment of the action RPG series best known for its post-apocalyptic setting and various peculiarities, including Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and Ghouls, is currently in very early development at Bethesda Game Studios, and while director and producer Todd Howard hasn't revealed where the game takes place yet, many fans would be happy if it was set in the East—namely, China, or maybe even Japan—according to discussions that have surfaced on social media this week.

See full article...

Define many

Never mind found the source for this "news". It is actually a reddit post where someone suggested it should be set in china. The post has 220 upvotes as of right now, so basically nothing significant.

And lose all the charm? Keep it stateside or it will be a coompletely different game experince, not fallout.

And lose all the charm? Keep it stateside or it will be a coompletely different game experince, not fallout.
I kinda agree with this. The entire Fallout vibe is '50's American Cold War Nostalgia. I don't think that theme really fits in anywhere else, at least with the same impact from the same perspective.

Yea Japan would have oni like creatures from heroshima region or something. Totally different vibe as opposed to a country that actually was nuked. Its almost offensive base this game there I would think.

I've enjoyed the Fallout series, and will play the London mod at some point (haven't gotten around to it yet, have had too much **** to do) but I have to admit I have a very limited interest in playing a Fallout game set outside of the west.

As for exploring the Chinese propaganda side of things, sometimes things like that are best left a mystery. When you provide too many answers, things often become less interesting.

Become a Patron!
Back