The Sims 5 Isn’t Happening Because EA Is Concerned About Players Having to Start All Over Again

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Sims 5, a new installment in the series of life simulation video games from Maxis and EA that many players had speculated would be in deep development by now, with the latest in the series, The Sims 4, having been released in 2014, isn't actually being planned at all right now, according to the latest statements from Kate Gorman, EA's vice president and general manager of The Sims franchise.

See full article...

Don't want to disrupt those sweet sweet microtransactions... or have to figure out a way to let players keep them.

Exactly, take a look on Steam. It's "nice" that the base game is free - all those DLC's weigh in at 1400$
Holy Moley. Same reason wow just keeps growing. Base game.. 60 bucks.. each expansion.. lets say 50 bucks.. Wait no base game is free now. And you only buy the most current expansion but for those that have been playing for 20 freaking years...

1st expansion.. ummm I don't remember ice crown or the one that introduced blood elves.
2nd interchangable with the first.
Cataclysm
Pandaria
WOD
Legion
Battle for Azeroth
Shadowlands.
Dragonlands (whatever it's called I'm tired.)
And now the war within.

500 in expansions if you did base price.
Subscription for 20 years.. at lets say the best price of 12.99 a month. times 240...

Total.. 3617.00

That's not including buying any mounts or transmogs or pets from the stores... so say cumulitively another 200 bucks... and moving characters between servers.. faction changes... name changes.. what.. another 150 over 20 years?
Basically 4k. lol.

Yea they will NEVER get rid of WOW if they can help it.

Yea they will NEVER get rid of WOW if they can help it.
Yeah that was one thing about Everquest when I played it. I spent a small fortune on that game every year for years. But, I figured at the time - that was ~way~ less than what my friends were either throwing at console games month after month, or just throwing down at the bar.

EQ is on Expansion #30 and still going - not the same sub numbers as WoW, but still going

Last edited:
Subscription for 20 years.. at lets say the best price of 12.99 a month.
While that is correct and an option, you can pay for your sub with ingame money too, I know some players who have not payed real money for a sub in years.

I get my moneys worth out of the sub, cheaper then netflix these days.

While that is correct and an option, you can pay for your sub with ingame money too, I know some players who have not payed real money for a sub in years.

I get my moneys worth out of the sub, cheaper then netflix these days.

Oh I get the sub cards two months for 25 bucks normally. Cheaper than an actual sub. But subbing is fine as well. I've no issues with that.

And the gold for time thing can work.. expecially when marketplace gold is so cheap you can get more sub time out of buying it than paying for a sub.

Become a Patron!
Back