The Witcher 3 Is Getting Next-Gen Visual and Technical Improvements

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The-Witcher-3-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD Projekt Red

Next-gen consoles are just around the corner, and game developers are making announcements left and right. Aside from new games being released, we are, of course, seeing a number of older games getting digital makeovers for re-release. The Witcher 3 has now been added to that list with this latest announcement from CD PROJEKT RED.

We’re working on the next-generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.The next-generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for...

Continue reading...

Does this mean the PC version is finally getting HDR?
No word on that, yet. I'd hope so but not really sure. I have a feeling that maybe they're shoehorning some stuff they've developed into the original engine while working on CP2077. Best possibility is they've imported the assets over to an updated Red Engine with all new features perhaps some improved textures but honestly no real info was put out.

Either way I'm hoping they do better than Crytek(I'm hanging my own head down in shame for them but, once again, I hope I'm wrong there).

I even checked their twitter page on this because, you know, sometimes little details like that get leaked there but nothing as of this morning.

Become a Patron!
Back