There Are Over Two Dozen Versions of GeForce RTX 30 Mobile Series GPUs

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-laptop-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

It was recently revealed that many laptop manufacturers would not be indicating whether GeForce 30 Series mobile GPUs were of the Max-P or Max-Q variety, making it harder for buyers to identify the model that best suits their needs. Presently there are three base models, the GeForce RTX 3060, 3070, and 3080 mobile. ComputerBase obtained a list of the many variants.

The GeForce RTX 3060 mobile uses the GA106 GPU. Power has been reduced from 60 to 115 watts vs. the desktop version (170 watts). It also features 256 more CUDA cores but half the memory. Interestingly, the most powerful version of RTX 3060 mobile comes...

Continue reading...

Great as if laptop specs weren't confusing enough already. I was screwed with mine twice. Once the laptop I was getting was supposed to have a 6770, instead it had a 6650. The next time it was suppposed to have a 1060ti, instead it had a plain 1050. I'm sick of this.

Great as if laptop specs weren't confusing enough already. I was screwed with mine twice. Once the laptop I was getting was supposed to have a 6770, instead it had a 6650. The next time it was suppposed to have a 1060ti, instead it had a plain 1050. I'm sick of this.
I know what you mean. It's the unfortunate ongoing smoke and mirrors of mobile branding. If it wasn't for the price I almost pre-ordered one of Razers new ones with the high refresh OLED QHD display with a 3080. Now, I'm gonna sit back and just see what the reviews say for which models get which versions. Although, even then, it doesn't mean that a slight SKU change and someone could still get something different than what they read about. It's a mess. Similar things have happened with Intel CPUs over the years too but not nearly as convoluted as this.

I will simply never buy a laptop for serious gaming and leave it for when I'm at home on my gaming PC, which perfoms as specced.
And wont die through too much heat.

Become a Patron!
Back