Time to go AMD...

Just put my order in for a 3900x, 32gb of Corsair RGB ram DDR4 3400, and a MSI X570-A Pro motherboard. Everything else I'm just moving over. Fun times.

Jealous.

I'm eyeing the MSI X570 Carbon, 32GB of single rank DDR4-3200, and a 3700X or 3800X, but an upgrade will have to wait until much later this year or possibly next year's tax return due to a bunch of house upkeep issues that just sprang up. Le sigh.

Just put my order in for a 3900x, 32gb of Corsair RGB ram DDR4 3400, and a MSI X570-A Pro motherboard. Everything else I'm just moving over. Fun times.

I've got the same board running on my test bench right now - taking the 3950X just fine.

Yea I don't intend to oc this one much if at all. I'll turn on pbr and probably finally go water cooling with a aio setup later.

Well, you wouldn't get much in the way of overclocking out of any modern AMD CPU. So, I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm noticing the wraith cooler is spinning up a good bit while using heavy network... well 400mb of download speed seems to create some heat. Not a lot of CPU demand just temp.

Well within the safe zone mind you!

Become a Patron!
Back