Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Launches as Crystal Dynamics Warns of “Offensive Depictions”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, Aspyr and Crystal Dynamics' restoration of the original Lara Croft adventures that started it all, may offend some players, according to a message that shows up at the beginning of the new game that's out today on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch.

See full article...

"We hate this it is disgusting, but we still want to sell it for money" Chrystal Dynamics - 2024

Hypocrisy has never been so transparent.

What kind of depictions? Cuz I don't recall seeing any big-lipped negroes or anything in those games.
"...speculation has suggested that the 'inexcusable' content that was kept involve South Pacific islanders, who are implied to be cannibals in the third game from 1998."
Is calling people "cannibals" offensive? Or is it because in the modern world we can't even call people "fat", we have to call them "plus size" (which I am NOT doing by the way).

What kind of depictions? Cuz I don't recall seeing any big-lipped negroes or anything in those games.
"...speculation has suggested that the 'inexcusable' content that was kept involve South Pacific islanders, who are implied to be cannibals in the third game from 1998."
Is calling people "cannibals" offensive? Or is it because in the modern world we can't even call people "fat", we have to call them "plus size" (which I am NOT doing by the way).
I suspect it is the colonialism aspect, Lara being the daughtar of a well off British aristocrat. It is ridiculous either way. Those who are the most reluctant to face facts are most likely to be guilty in the first place.

Become a Patron!
Back