Treasure: Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun Developer Confirms Work on “Highly Requested” Game

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Legendary Japanese developer Treasure has confirmed that it is currently developing a new and "highly requested game," driving up excitement for fans of the studio behind some of the greatest shoot'em ups of all time.

Go to post

Oh sh1t. I can't even recall the last game Treasure put out.

What did treasure make?
Some good/great Treasure games I have enjoyed:
- Gunstar Heroes
- Gunstar Super Heroes
- Dynamite Heady
- Alien Soldier
- Guardian Heroes
- Radiant Silvergun
- Sin and Punishment
- Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
- Ikaruga
- Gradius V

People really liked Mischief Makers on N64, but I've never played it. I'm not familiar with Bangai-O or Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot but I'd like to check those out one day too. There was another Guardian Heroes game for GBA called Advance Guardian Heroes but I've never played that one either. The first one is one of my favorite Saturn games and Treasure games. I've heard good things about Silhouette Mirage but that's another one of their games I have never played. I never knew they made a sequel to Game Arts' Silpheed called Silpheed: The Lost Planet, wonder how that turned out. Treasure games are usually hard as all f*ck.

Anywhere here's a full list of the games they have made: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_(company)#Games_developed

Never even heard of them, or any of the games listed. Not surprising looking at the platforms.

Become a Patron!
Back