Trickle Down supply issues (aka F Scalpers)

One of the smartest things I did was pick up a used 2080TI before the Ampere launch. I had a weird feeling about it, and I knew that it would be moving to a bloody HTPC eventually, but... I did it anyway. probably overpaid from what I could have paid too, at $800+, but... I regret nothing. That freed up other cards so all my friends and wife have cards now, which wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I'm debating selling my Gigabyte RTX 2080 once I have my new card installed and running. That or selling the 7700k, heatsink, motherboard, 32 gig of ram, and RTX 2080..... basically a whole computer lol.

Part it out - not sure where to sell/trade these days (I used to use [H] for that but apparently ran afoul of Kyle)... but parts are generally easier to handle.

Makes me feel good at the 2080 Super I was able to score for $575...
Hell, I'd be happy with that. I've been using the 2080ti for casual (console-like) games and HTPC work now - does a great job with NVENC for Plex on the road, and will do 4k for older games I never got around to...

Part it out - not sure where to sell/trade these days (I used to use [H] for that but apparently ran afoul of Kyle)... but parts are generally easier to handle.

I too ran afoul of Kyle. Let him keep his loyal fans I suppose. Every blue moon I check if my account is back on but really I don't expect it to be. Then I remember soapbox and just laugh and smile and move on with my day. More and more Discord channels are becoming a place to discuss hardware as well.

I scored my RTX 2080 for $300, so even though the RGB doesn't work and some idiot damaged some parts (superficial), I can't complain lol. I scored my previous GTX 1080 for around $350 with tax and my 980Ti for about the same, I'm probably dreaming to be able to score a 3080 for that price at some point this year :(. As for [H], I prefer talking about tech without the trolling and off-topic nonsense :)

I scored my RTX 2080 for $300, so even though the RGB doesn't work and some idiot damaged some parts (superficial), I can't complain lol. I scored my previous GTX 1080 for around $350 with tax and my 980Ti for about the same, I'm probably dreaming to be able to score a 3080 for that price at some point this year :(. As for [H], I prefer talking about tech without the trolling and off-topic nonsense :)
Yeah, I think you’re going to have to wait until at least 6 months past stock stabilization before you’ll be able to score any real deals (ex $50 below msrp) on a 3080, so this year is probably not your year. Honestly, without a next gen card in play, I doubt you will see anyone taking a big loss on a 3080. Heck, I recently got an offer for 350 for my founders 1080ti that I passed on, as the only other cards I have available are a GeForce 710 and a R250X.

I too ran afoul of Kyle. Let him keep his loyal fans I suppose. Every blue moon I check if my account is back on but really I don't expect it to be. Then I remember soapbox and just laugh and smile and move on with my day. More and more Discord channels are becoming a place to discuss hardware as well.
the Moore's Law is Dead pay-to-play place and hardware_numb3rs' place aren't too bad in my experience

I'm strongly considering quitting the PC world for half a year and just work on my physique like crazy, 2020 has been a horrendous year with six months spent too sick to train - and most of the rest spent grinding FPS skills for a stupid project of mine.

And when I come back, hey - maybe there will be a cute little GPU to buy to replace my abomination of a 5700 XT!

Yeah... caught a dump of inventory at Best Buy this morning.

Got a 3070 and a 3090 in the cart! Not exactly the cards I wanted but I bet they would find homes.

First, Best Buy insists that I live in Compton. I don't. Not anywhere close. So it takes like 5 minutes to get that sorted out and get the correct location. I get that done, and amazingly enough, the stuff is still in the cart.

Then... the site wouldn't let me log into my account. Wouldn't let me reset the password. Wouldn't let me create a new account. So I had to drop it, yet again.

I did something to piss someone off and this is Karma coming back at me.

Become a Patron!
Back