Turkish Gamers Say They Can’t Afford PS5 Games Anymore as Assassin’s Creed Shadows and Other Titles Receive New Pricing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Some gamers in Turkey can no longer afford to buy PS5 games and may switch over to PC gaming, which is "much cheaper in comparison," according to new posts on social media that discuss how PlayStation and/or its publishers have introduced higher pricing for some of the biggest PS5 titles that are headed to Sony's current-generation console, including Assassin's Creed Shadows, which is now said to cost over $85 in the region.

See full article...

I'm pretty sure you can pick any nation, including the US, and say "Some gamers in XYZ can no longer afford to buy PS5 games"

AAA Day 1 release prices are insane across the board, and they aren't really any better on PC.

PC does tend to get better pricing over time, whereas sales on consoles tend to not be as often or for quite as big of a discount.

PC does tend to get better pricing over time, whereas sales on consoles tend to not be as often or for quite as big of a discount.
maybe not, but I just checked 1 online store and they have plenty of PS5 games below 20€ since I rarely buy digital I don't know much about that but I do get mails from Sony about sales.

But 85$ games where the average wage is 400$ is plenty in any case

average wage is 400$ is plenty in any case
on the flipside of that is while average wage in the US may be much higher, so are the living costs. I know of quite a few places around the southwest where a 2 bedroom apartment, in the poor side of town, will cost you $2K a month so after a bit it does average out as some things are cheaper but then others more expensive.

maybe not, but I just checked 1 online store and they have plenty of PS5 games below 20€ since I rarely buy digital I don't know much about that but I do get mails from Sony about sales.

But 85$ games where the average wage is 400$ is plenty in any case
Compare that to the number of games below 20 on PC, or mobile though...

Become a Patron!
Back