Turtle Beach Officially Retires ROCCAT Branding After Merging Product Lines

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Last week Turtle Beach unveiled its new Atlas Air wireless open-back PC gaming headset along with what at a glance seemed to be a new keyboard and mouse. As it turns out those new computer accessories are the first to be launched following the retirement of the ROCCAT brand as Turtle Beach switches to exclusively using its own branding on all its products. Someone took notice of the rebranding on Turtle Beach's Facebook post by commenting "This is a roccat keyboard" to which Turtle Beach replied "A rose by any other name".

See full article...

When I hear Turtle Beach I think of audio, not keyboard. Strange move this. BTW I wasn't even aware Turtle Beach owned ROCCAT.

Next time I want to buy a keyboard it's unlikely that I'll look for Turtle Beach when browsing for a keyboard. But I'd definitely have checked out the ROCCAT lineup.

BTW I wasn't even aware Turtle Beach owned ROCCAT.
Same.

When I hear Turtle Beach I think of audio, not keyboard.
Yeah, from the 80s and 90s. Although in the 2000s I did get an X360/PC headset from them. But by that point I was surprised they were still around. I hadn't heard from them in a long time before that, or really after. Not until recently when they started doing weird sh1t like putting out controllers.

I'm fairly sure ROCCAT bought the turtle beach name to broaden it's appeal in other markets. Or some company that bought the turtle beach name ALSO purchased ROCCAT. This has all the fixings of a holding company trying to do a pump and dump.

Become a Patron!
Back