Ubisoft Is Reportedly Remaking Its Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake and Has Replaced Its Original Voice Actor

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Ubisoft is reportedly in the process of overhauling its Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake to the point that the game is essentially being remade. According to Insider Gaming's Tom Henderson, the troubled project has taken some drastic turns. Henderson was able to obtain footage of the game and has said that it looks to be in the early stages still, a "ways off from release", but adds more details about the project's current state provided via his source.

See full article...

So another disappointing game that will be a flash in the pan but cost 200 million to make because of cost overruns and mismanagement?

Sounds to me like Ubisoft is the land of butting heads of leadership and nobody can get a solid time line in place to actually move something forward.

This happens when Ego's in upper management are too big and taking over a project seen as floundering only to give it new 'direction' and start over again and again.

FFS what did they do, put millennials in charge?!

No matter how they want to spin it, it doesn't sound good. Overhaul, rebuild, done from scratch, in the end remaking a remake is what it is. It might see the light of day at some point and there could even be an official announcement within days or weeks since I noticed a number have happened around May/June for the last three years. I honestly believe that to be true.

However,
So another disappointing game that will be a flash in the pan but cost 200 million to make because of cost overruns and mismanagement?
is spot on and it's hard to believe they'll ever make their money back.

Become a Patron!
Back