V Rising: Survival Action RPG Launches Today on Steam with Castlevania Content

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
V Rising, a new vampire action RPG that invites players to step into the shoes of a newly awakened vampire, construct their own castle, and explore a dangerous, gothic open world, is now officially available on Steam for $34.99 following its Early Access period, developer and publisher Stunlock Studios has announced.

See full article...

Oh that sounds kind of neat.

watches trailer...

On second thought... no

Ok so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Yeah - maybe I shouldn't have.

The combat is beyond slow. Everything has a crazy long cooldown or really long wind up / animation, which makes it more or less useless unless you can get an enemy one on one - which you can almost never do, since there are plenty of wandering packs of stuff. You get a pack of 5 or 6 on you and .. nothing you can do but try to run and hope you can get them stuck on enough obstacles to get away.

The Daylight cycle is an interesting concept, but it mostly is just there to be annoying.

The "survival" part - yeah, lots of crafting. It takes an insane number of resources. Just keeping your base running burns a lot of resources, so you are constantly gathering. But the game progression requires quests/hunts... and traveling is slow. All kinds of at odds with each other.

Become a Patron!
Back