Valheim Has Now Sold 3 Million Copies

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
valheim-screenshot-forest-1024x576.jpg
Image: Iron Gate AB

Viking survival game Valheim has now managed to sell 3 million copies. The news was revealed by developer Iron Gate AB this morning, which shared an article on Steam confirming that the title had hit another incredible milestone just three weeks after its release on February 2, 2021. This is rather impressive for an indie game that was reportedly created by a team of just five developers and is still in early access.

“To keep up with the old norse references, this is now equivalent to 74,319 longhouses stuffed with Vikings singing songs and celebrating victory with some great tasting mead, so.. SKÅL!” the developer wrote.

Over 60,000 ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ reviewsOfficially entered the Steam’s Top 250 best reviewed games of all time (we’re 78th and...

Continue reading...

Is this a mobile game or something?

The lighting effects are cool and all, but the terrain reveals a surprisingly low polygon count for a PC title in 2021.

Is this a mobile game or something?

The lighting effects are cool and all, but the terrain reveals a surprisingly low polygon count for a PC title in 2021.
It's World of Warcraft "style".

Proof that people have no taste, and that any garbage can sell. So brace yourselves for more garbage.

Is this another case of a game being popular only because somebody saw a popular streamer play it, or is it actually genuine interest? So hard to tell with crap like this these days.

Is this another case of a game being popular only because somebody saw a popular streamer play it, or is it actually genuine interest? So hard to tell with crap like this these days.
I dont know about the streamer, but everyone I know that plays it atm is very much in to it.
I have a fairly diverse circle of gamer friends and this game seems to entertain a lot of them.

I quote one of them: "More violence than Minecraft but easily approachable and simple crafting system"

Ok so I tried it out. I've not been a huge survival genre fan. But thought it was cheap and maybe it would be something I could play with my son.

This game didn't sway me. Son doesn't care for it.

The graphics aren't top notch, but it plays smooth enough that it didn't detract me either. Seems like all I did was run around gathering more wood and scrounging for more rocks, only to go back and play some really twitchy version of Minecraft building trying to build a house. There were a few random things to kill, but it wasn't terribly engaging combat.

I give it a 4/10.

A friend of mine wants me to get this game, even though I would play mostly in single player which from what I've heard isn't something that will keep anyone's attention very long. I think I'll pass on this one.

Become a Patron!
Back