Valve Hints at More Half-Life Games: “Alyx [Is] Our Return to This World, Not the End of It.”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
half-life-alyx-hands-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: Valve

After twelve long years, Valve is finally giving us a new Half-Life game in the form of a VR exclusive later this month, but the question still remains: where the heck is Half-Life 3?

Game Informer decided to beat that dead (?) horse during a recent interview with Valve’s Robin Walker (programmer on Half-Life: Alyx), and while he wouldn’t address that question directly, he did have some good news for franchise fans. More Half-Life games are definitely on the way.

Game Informer: What would you like to say to fans who are hoping this means you’re still working on Half-Life 3?

Robin Walker: Half-Life means a lot to us, and it’s been incredibly rewarding to re-familiarize ourselves with its characters, setting, and mechanics. There are...

Continue reading...

I thought when Alyx was announced they declared the VR game was something they wanted to do but the choice of Half-Life was because the IP worked the best with the implementation.

The return to the Half-Life universe is very cool.
I wish Valve would have made it PC friendly as well, but I think it was a brilliant move on their part.
Their Steam VR has sold out based on the return of the franchise, simple as that.
I have never considered VR in the least, but the more I see of this game and how nice the environments look, I'm close to doing just that.
I probably would have bought the stuff today if there was a Steam VR set to buy.

Is it just me who hates the disembodied hands in vr?

Become a Patron!
Back