VelocityOne Race Is a New Universal Racing Wheel and Pedal System for Xbox and Windows PCs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Turtle Beach has announced the VelocityOne Race, a new universal racing wheel and pedal system that is designed to deliver ultra-immersive racing on Xbox consoles and Windows PCs.

See full article...

$650 and doesn't even come with a stick shifter. For less than half the price my Logitech G27 came with both paddle shifters and a 6-speed H-pattern shifter. I guess all the money is going into that fancy LCD display and sh1t.

It's not direct drive either.

Fanatec CSL DD kit with an optional shifter is cheaper and better. So is the Cammus C5.

$650 and doesn't even come with a stick shifter. For less than half the price my Logitech G27 came with both paddle shifters and a 6-speed H-pattern shifter. I guess all the money is going into that fancy LCD display and sh1t.
To be fair, they aren't really competing with G27. While that may be a solid entry level wheel, unless Turtle Beach is bat **** crazy or borderline retarded their closest competition should be entry level offerings from companies like Moza or, as mentioned above, Fanatec. That being said I find it unlikely that it would be a better purchase in terms of quality than either of those unless they drop the price to $499. Right now, without putting much time into researching it I'd say the only thing it really has going for it is XBox and PC support which a lot of the other "higher-end" units dont.

If this also had support for the PS5 out of the box I'd probably consider it an option if I were being more budget conscious as Xbox support is not really needed if you have a good gaming PC as you can just play the Forza titles there.

Unless this is of much higher quality than devices from these mass consumer companies normally are they've already priced themselves out of range of their typical target audience.

Yea I don't get the price... for a blinged out wheel full of over the top idiot lights. I just don't get it. 650 when it looks like that much of a toy for teenagers...

I really want to build a racing seat type setup for racing games, but I wouldn't use this steering wheel. The lack of a shifter is the main reason why.

I'm sure I could add a shifter to the setup, but I would have to do some "research" to see what other options I have if I'm gonna be piecing together the controls setup. I'm sure there are better options out there for the same or cheaper.

I just need to make the room somewhere for a setup as I would want it to be a triple monitor setup. And no, not a triple 49" curved monitor setup. I definitely won't be able to make room for that type of setup. Haha

I really want to build a racing seat type setup for racing games, but I wouldn't use this steering wheel. The lack of a shifter is the main reason why.

I'm sure I could add a shifter to the setup, but I would have to do some "research" to see what other options I have if I'm gonna be piecing together the controls setup. I'm sure there are better options out there for the same or cheaper.

I just need to make the room somewhere for a setup as I would want it to be a triple monitor setup. And no, not a triple 49" curved monitor setup. I definitely won't be able to make room for that type of setup. Haha
I like my Fanatec CSL DD kit. I don't have a shifter yet, just use flappy paddles for now. Heck, for the first 30-40 hours in Assetto Corsa I didn't even use the flappy paddles as just getting used to the wheel and pedals was hard enough. And none of these kits are plug'n'play. Especially with Assetto Corsa. There are a ton of settings to dial in the feel of the wheel. Out of the box it was nearly unusable as the force feedback gain is set to 100%. You might think you want all the FF, but you don't. And trying to drive anything with all of the nanny's off is nearly impossible.

Then switching to a different game requires a complete new setup process. I will say playing with a wheel is extremely fun and adds immersion that you just don't get with a controller.

For now I just use the desk mount and set it up in front of my 32". I don't have the space for a seat rig either. I leave all the cables in place, takes a couple minutes to get set up to play.

Back in the day I had a Logitech driving force GT wheel setup that I also just mounted to the desk when I wanted to use it. Which I hardly ever used because I got tired of mounting/unmounting the steering wheel to play racing games and just ended up using a controller most of the time anyway. So unless I get a dedicated spot for the setup (for the few times I do play racing games) then for me it wont ever get used.

The only "racing" game I play is more a driving simulator than racing. Snow Runner, which is why I really want a stick because I want the ability to easily be able to switch gears and gear boxes.

Which I hardly ever used because I got tired of mounting/unmounting the steering wheel to play racing games and just ended up using a controller most of the time anyway. So unless I get a dedicated spot for the setup (for the few times I do play racing games) then for me it wont ever get used.
And this is exactly my problem. It wasn't ideal mounting the wheel to tables or desks. I need a proper setup that feels like sitting in an actual car.

I still would really love a set-up like this:

Some random examples:

INSAAAAAANELY immersive.

I don't "need" all of that. Would I like it? Dang skippy! Kind of like a Ferrari. I don't need a Ferrari. But I would LOVE to have one. And I will some day. But the inconvenience of having to mount my wheel.....meh......I can deal with it. It's not hard, takes me under 2 minutes and I'm ready to play.

Your g27 is a pos toy compared to this.

It's not direct drive either.

Fanatec CSL DD kit with an optional shifter is cheaper and better. So is the Cammus C5.
How slow and dumb are you? It says direct drive like 6 times 🤡🤣 DO NOT get that pos cammus 🤦🤣

Become a Patron!
Back