Venom: Let There Be Carnage Release Moved Forward Due to Success of Shang-Chi

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
venom-let-there-be-carnage-poster-cropped-1024x577.jpg
Image: Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures can’t seem to make up its mind on when to release its Venom sequel due to coronavirus and its effect on theater attendances, but the studio may have finally settled on a date thanks to the surprising performance of Marvel Studios’ latest release, Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings.

Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has managed to make over $90 million since its release on September 3, setting a new Labor Day weekend box office record that blew away initial industry estimates. Due to that impressive result, Sony Pictures is convinced that there’s no need to delay its own superhero movie any further. In fact, the studio is so optimistic that it will be releasing Venom: Let There Be Carnage ahead of schedule.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage is now slated for release on October 1, two weeks ahead of its...

Continue reading...

Shang-Chi was surprisingly good. I said I was kicking the MCU to the curb, but I couldn't help myself. Disney's cringe publicity leading up to release almost made me not see it. Glad to see Venom is still releasing this year, as I was looking forward to itt.

I said I was kicking the MCU to the curb, but I couldn't help myself.
I too was done with MCU, but comments like yours got me interested in checking Shang-Chi out, and my brother who was also basically done with MCU until he saw the recent shows told me to maybe hold off on completely ditching MCU until after I've seen WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki. Then I can decide. I'll check out the 3rd Spider-Man as well, cuz Dr. Strange is all up in it, and we've barely seen him in MCU. For The Eternals movie I'll wait until what I've heard others say about it.

Become a Patron!
Back