Warner Bros. Announces "Matrix 4" with Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Prepare to jack in one more time. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich has announced that a fourth Matrix film is officially in production, with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss returning in the roles that catapulted them to stardom. Lana Wachowski is also back for writing and directing duties.

The story presumably takes place sometime after Revolutions, and Morpheus will play some role in it. It isn't clear whether Laurence Fishburne will reprise his part, however: "Some sources say the role may be recast for a younger take."

Warner Bros. has been trying for the last of couple years to find a way to get back into “The Matrix” universe, but a hold-up over producing rights slowed the project down. Over the past couple of months, the studio saw an opportunity to ramp up development, with Reeves boasting a strong summer that included box office hits “John Wick 3” and “Toy Story 4” and a script from Wachowski that drummed up excitement.

Really they are going to find a way to bring back the machine Jesus? Meh... As much as I love Keanu and all I just can't get excited for this one. The third one was just such a let down.

The third wasn't the best, but it did complete the set for me.

We will see how it pans out I guess

Can't say I remember much about the sequels (Neo launching a EMP-style attack out of his *** or something), but that first movie - with Rage Against the Machine playing after Neo takes flight, classic scene.

Still like the first movie the most. I don't know if the series needed a 4th movie. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Become a Patron!
Back