Warner Bros. Delays The Batman from June 25, 2021 to October 1, 2021 Due to Coronavirus Pandemic

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-batman-pattinson-red-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

There could be a lot more people dressing up as Batman for Halloween next year. Variety has learned that Warner Bros. has delayed its latest take on the Dark Knight, The Batman, from June 25, 2021 to Oct. 1, 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Fans will have to wait three additional months to see just how well Robert Pattinson fits the cowl.

Warner Bros. has also delayed two other DC superhero movies: The Flash and Shazam 2. The former will release on June 2, 2022 instead of July 1, while the latter will launch on Nov. 4, 2022 instead of April 1. The Sopranos prequel, The Many Saints of Newark, has also been been moved from Sept. 25, 2020 to March 12, 2021.

Interestingly, Christopher Nolan’s next big-budget mind bender, Tenet – which also stars Pattinson –...

Continue reading...

I for one do not give a rats *** about any more Batman movies. The Nolan trilogy was great... I don't know why (ok I know why, $$$) the studios have to keep re-making the same movies over and over. And over.

I for one do not give a rats *** about any more Batman movies. The Nolan trilogy was great... I don't know why (ok I know why, $$$) the studios have to keep re-making the same movies over and over. And over.
I want to be positive toward this as I've nothing against the team behind it but I'm truly sick of all recasts, reboots, re-imagining, re-anything when it comes to Batman. I believe DC/Warner should just commit to some casting and improve their movies instead of restarting after every failed or unloved attempt. Just as we've seen some sequels for other franchises get worse they do also occasionally get better on some occasions. Take Star Trek II(1982) or Empire Strikes Back as examples and I'm sure there's more. They've seriously become worse than FOX when it comes to abandoning projects. The list of abandoned actors or projects would look bigger than a wall of Deadshots kills at this point.

Become a Patron!
Back