We Could Be Seeing Fewer 120 FPS Games on PS5 than Xbox Series X|S

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-5-console-logo-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

Earlier this month, we reported that Activision had updated Call of Duty: Warzone to run at 120 FPS on the Xbox Series X but not PlayStation 5. We weren’t sure why Sony was left out at the time, but Rocket League developer Psyonix has provided a likely reason as to why Microsoft’s console is being prioritized for higher refresh rates.

Speaking with Eurogamer, Psyonix revealed that enabling 120 FPS on a...

Continue reading...

Devs: But... But... But... The PS5 is much easier for developers ti make games for!

That does seem like an odd oversight for their brand new uber console.

How is it that people were "60 fps movies are lame, we don't need them" but all of a sudden now they want 120fps games? So which is it? Make up your mind already. 24 fps is enough, but 60 fps is not? LOL.

Watching a movie at 60 fps and playing a game at 60 fps is not the same thing.
What is your point? Of course playing a game is not the same as watching a movie. But both involves watching something moving on screen.
I asked the question. Why do you think 24 fps is enough for movies, but now all of a sudden 60 fps is not enough for console games, when it used to be 30 for the longest time.

Watching a movie at 60 fps and playing a game at 60 fps is not the same thing.
It kind of is in the age of digital film. The higher the FPS, the better, regardless of it being a game or movie. I was able to see Gemini Man in its full 120 FPS presentation and I think every movie should be made that way.

I don’t know — you get that soap opera effect if it’s not done right.

What is your point? Of course playing a game is not the same as watching a movie. But both involves watching something moving on screen.
I asked the question. Why do you think 24 fps is enough for movies, but now all of a sudden 60 fps is not enough for console games, when it used to be 30 for the longest time.

I'm not saying it's not enough. It's better.

It kind of is in the age of digital film. The higher the FPS, the better, regardless of it being a game or movie. I was able to see Gemini Man in its full 120 FPS presentation and I think every movie should be made that way.

Yeah, but 24 or 30 or whatever FPS is good, but 120 FPS is better. That's all.

With a movie, you're not controlling anything just watching.

Become a Patron!
Back