What’s Jensen Been Cooking? NVIDIA Uploads Video of CEO Teasing a Gigantic GPU In His Kitchen

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-jensen-gpu-kitchen-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Have you ever wanted to see NVIDIA cooking up a graphics card? Like, literally? Well, you can watch the company’s CEO do just that in a new video posted on NVIDIA’s official YouTube channel today.

Jensen Huang can be seen pulling a massive GPU out of his oven, and while he doesn’t say or do much else, we can presume that the hardware is related to Ampere, which will likely be elaborated upon during NVIDIA’s GTC 2020 keynote stream.

Could this gigantic slab of metal be, in fact, NVIDIA’s Ampere-based replacement for the V100, its powerful but years-old data center GPU? We’ll find out on May 14 at 6 AM PT/9 AM ET, when Huang takes to...

Continue reading...

PC Gamer had a pretty cool little article about this video. Apparently the time on the stove plus Ampere is a Zillow listing. The house is 239 Ampere Pkwy and rents for $1,500 a month for 3,245 sq ft. Supposedly related to cuda cores.

They're saying it's not a coincidence. I like it lol

Oh I hope AMD can pull another rabbit out of their buttocks'es ...competition is good for us little people..

Rumors have been flying all over the internet over the last few days about Ampere consumer card specs. Hopefully the keynote will give something beyond their enterprise offerings. If the rumors have any credibility then the next round of consumers cards will look impressive. More than a few are stating a 3060 something could rival a 2080 Ti. Although I'd see that as a possibility I doubt NV would let such a thing be priced under $800, and probably closer to $1000. to prevent destroying any interest in the 1st Turing RTX gen cards. NV pretty well established last gen that each gen inherited the price point of the next level tier from before. The x80 Ti's suddenly cost as much as the previous Titans and so on. One rumor I'm hoping is true is the inclusion of HDMI 2.1 finally.

Become a Patron!
Back