Windows 11’s List of Supported CPUs Is Missing Processors That Were Released Only Four Years Ago

Of course you have no issues if its only used as a client and not as an actual workstation. I have lost days of work numerous times on my workstations due to w10 rebooting during the weekend while I was away from the computer. The scheduling of updates was only added in 19h2 I think, before that it would reboot randomly without consent. And even after that if you don't schedule the update within a certain time frame it will no longer give you an option to put it off. And this with the professional version not even the measly home variant.

Yes a subset of users who actually install more than 3 softwares on their computer and would use it as a power user. Not even Windows95 had issues if you only put office on it and only had it on from 9-5.
I have to agree with @MadMummy76 - I've got a couple of industrial PCs running Win10 Pro for some SCADA/HMIs, and we've turned off updates entirely. They will still occasionally decide to reboot for an update, and it absolutely wrecks havoc on the process controller.

Every time you think you have it turned off - it f*^%ing does it again. Or someone decides to actually update it, and that changes or resets a bunch of crap you had fixed before. Yeah - from a machine that has updates turned off by default, they still come through.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that I probably didn't block updates or schedule restarts correctly. But in the same breath I admit that, I'd also point to Microsoft and say, I am a halfway technically literate person, and if I'm doing something wrong and ~think~ I'm accomplishing the goal but really not, then the process is either broken or not as intuitive as it should be.

I like Win10 for personal use, but for industrial use it's been a nightmare and I hate it with a passion. If only I could get a lot of this industrial software to run on anything but Windows I absolutely would. I'm seriously considering rolling out PiHoles with the update servers blocked to our sites.

I have to agree with @MadMummy76 -

I'm perfectly willing to admit that I probably didn't block updates or schedule restarts correctly. But in the same breath I admit that, I'd also point to Microsoft and say, I am a halfway technically literate person, and if I'm doing something wrong and ~think~ I'm accomplishing the goal but really not, then the process is either broken or not as intuitive as it should be.
Its worse than that, these things are made intentionally obscure and confusing. Its 100% deliberate. Like in the past with Androids update button that did nothing.

Become a Patron!
Back