Windows 11 Releasing in October, According to Intel Document

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
windows-11-new-start-menu-dark-blue-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft hasn’t shared an exact release date for Windows 11 yet, but the new operating system should be available in around three months. That’s according to the release notes for Intel’s latest GPU drivers, which suggest that Windows 11 will be released in October 2021. Intel has since revised its release notes for driver 30.0.100.9684, removing the supposed release date for Windows 11, but the information lines up with a previous leak by Walmart that also indicated an October release for the new operating system. That said, Microsoft has only confirmed that Windows 11 will be available “later in 2021.”...

Continue reading...

Doom.....

Actually, I should go find it now while it still could work on the 2400G box

I signed up for the windows insider thing... or microsoft insider thing... but as of yet have not gotten the patch. I think it's because I don't have secure boot enabled.

So they are going to force it on windows 10 users whether you want it or not?

Leave the TPM module disabled and you wont get the update...
How naive, you really think microsoft checks for requirements before downloading and trying to force install a windows update?
My other computer kept trying to install 20h2 for months despite the system drive not having enough free space on it to fit.

How naive, you really think microsoft checks for requirements before downloading and trying to force install a windows update?
My other computer kept trying to install 20h2 for months despite the system drive not having enough free space on it to fit.
This isn't an update... I would consider it an upgrade at this point. The Adviser would fail because of the TPM not being enabled/existing. 2 totally different processes. While I agree that Windows Update should be checking for free space before trying to execute, going from 1 version of windows to another isn't a trivial update..

This isn't an update... I would consider it an upgrade at this point. The Adviser would fail because of the TPM not being enabled/existing. 2 totally different processes. While I agree that Windows Update should be checking for free space before trying to execute, going from 1 version of windows to another isn't a trivial update..
Every windows 10 feature update is basically a full install of a new windows version.

Every windows 10 feature update is basically a full install of a new windows version.
Not true. I went from 1909 to 2004 without having to perform a Disk Cleanup on the windows.old folder. I would agree that "most" updates are in-place upgrades, but not all..

I've been running Windows 11 from the insider program since it came out. I've had no issues so far. Ended up doing the upgrade then did a clean install after a few upgrades.

Become a Patron!
Back